4/3/08

You Tend To See Things A Lot Clearer When You Are About To Die

A couple years back while on a plane listening to this song I thought long and hard about the time I almost lost my life. This song was one of the inspirations for my project "We Fly With Our Own Wings." Last year I did not win a grant that would have allowed me to complete this project but at Fotofest this year one of the members of the jury who was a reviewer asked me how the project was going. I told her that I had put it on the shelf for a bit, that it is was just too painful to continue at the time. We spoke for a bit and she left me with the overwhelming feeling that I need to continue this work. I am. Stay tuned for new work shortly.


"Victim"

I don’t hear a sound as I lay on the ground
These fears building inside of me
Tears fill my eyes as I look to the sky
This bullet is burning inside of me
I cant get up cause I feel that I'm stuck
In this puddle of blood that surrounds me
No one is around and I still hear no sound
Oh, lord somebody help me, help me
So here I lay flat with a bullet hole in my back
I think back I should have just walked away
Dry heave and then I cough
This shit is just pissing me off
If I'm gonna die, let me die
The man who tries his best in the one who is left to rust
And I think back I should have just walked away
Dry heave and then I cough
This shit is pissing me off
If I'm gonna die let me die
So here I here I lay flat with a bullet hole in my back
If I'm gonna die, let me die.

-District 9