2/5/09

Recent Observations

-Don't know why it made me happy, perhaps a rememberance of my own childhood, but walking down the street yesterday afternoon a big group of kids on 6th Ave. were throwing ice chunks at cabs and running down the street when one guy got out to chase them. Ahhh those were the days.


-It's been a couple years since I have seen this guy around, but for all my New Yorkers-remember the guy with short dreads and a jean jacket who would come up all quick in your face and say, "Got a quarter?" I could never figure out exactly what that guy's deal was but something was off with that dude, like was he some annoying NYU Tisch actor kid or just some schizo? Anyway. He's back.


-From Sean Penn's "The Pledge." Hmmm, where have I seen this image before?



In case you didn't know, now you do, one of the more famous photographs of the 20th Century:


By Robert Frank