5/13/09

My Mug Shot Collection

The night I was almost murdered, many years back, after the guys left the store and I was able to free myself and call the cops I then spent the night at the police station looking through mug shots on the police computer in hopes that the guys had priors. I didn't see the guys in the computer mug shots but I did see many people I knew and many guys I knew from the neighborhood. They looked a lot meaner and tougher in those mug shots than on the street as I knew them. Somehow those mugshots made them inhuman and cruel, the guys I knew had smiles on their face and always said what up with a hand shake. For the next couple months I became obsessed with the mug shot as a form of portrait and began collecting mug shots. Here are a sample of some mug shots from my collection.