8/10/09

Newspapers And The Age Of Information


photo taken by Michael W. Plunkett in the Philadelphia Inquirer downtown news room

Been on a break from the blog as I have taken a step back to examine the internet, specifically how we access information. Been working on two new projects. Have spent some time photographing the newspaper industry and the current transitions our newspapers are faced with, seeing how the paper is made, how information is gathered, presented and how the paper is put together. My father is a newspaper man, my grandfather was a newspaper man, my great grandfather was a newspaper man and my great great grandfather was a newspaper man, this is in my blood, it was how I was raised, from the reporters to copy editors to teamsters, everyone felt like family. A sneak peek of this work to come shortly as well as more on my other new project.