5/28/10

Solo Show At Michael Mazzeo Gallery



I am very pleased to announce a solo show of my project Down These Mean Streets opening at Michael Mazzeo Gallery on Thursday June 10th, 6-8pm (526 W 26th, NYC).

The exhibition will include brand new photographs I have never shown before as well as a special limited edition newspaper (available at the opening) that is part of a larger installation on display exploring my working process through journals, research notes, contact sheets, shot lists, influences and maps.

This 3 year long project in which I have walked at night from the airport to central business district of American cities examines the collapse of a post-industrialist American inner city as years of neglect have left our cities with limited resources to fix themselves and neighborhoods to crumple. By addressing the overwhelming loss and despair that prevail in our urban communities my intent is to reveal an intimate look at what our cities have become and provide a foundation from which change and plans for the future can be made as problems and issues cannot be solved if they are not first identified; we must look inward at ourselves.